10 Questions x 10 Creators: Christine at @foodirectory.sg
We spoke with Christine, the wandering gastronaut behind @foodirectory.sg, a Singapore-based food blog where they share their discoveries of unpretentious food, hidden gems and exquisite staycations. Here's her perspective on what it means to be a content creator.
1. What do you love most about being a creator?
Being able to share what we genuinely like and how dynamic the food scene in Singapore is! We also enjoy meeting great and talented people, listening to their stories and being grateful to connect with our community.
2. What's your biggest challenge as an influencer at the moment?
How to manage work-life balance!
3. Are you full-time or juggling with another job?
Full-time job. When the amount of opportunities is more than what we could take.
4. Do you have an agent?
No, I don’t. But I have a friend who helps me manage my schedule and we engage freelancers sometimes.
5. What's your ideal brief and brand to work with?
The ones who have and treasure the same philosophy as us.
6. What makes a successful collaboration or brand partnership?
When the project brief is delivered successfully to the targeted viewers, and when the brands trust the creators on how to generate the right content suitable for our community. Coz at the end of the day, we want the best for our community, clients and collaborators.
7. What are your pet hates when it comes to working with brands?
When the timeline is not clear, because it may lead to unforeseen delays which then may lead to a chain reaction that affects our other projects as well.
8. How do you stay on top of trends?
For us, honestly, it’s never about trends, I spent very little time on social media. We just do our own thing and share what we genuinely like with our community.
9. What are your predictions for the future of influencer marketing?
That it would be even more recognised as part of the new economy and more people would appreciate the thoughts and process behind it.
10. Which creator do you admire and why?
This would seem out of the blue as we obviously post a lot about food. But I absolutely adore Heart Evangelista @iamhearte. Her passion for fashion, art, family and her work ethos is top-notch.