Imperial Leisure’s fave social media stats: June 2018
comments powered by Disqus
- 2.2 billion monthly active users enjoy news, videos and memes on Facebook.
- 1.45 billion daily active users scroll through their newsfeeds.
- 85% of smartphone owners log into the Facebook mobile app.
- 95% of Facebook users access the app from their mobile phones.
- Facebook earned $12 billion (or £8.86 billion) in Q1 of 2018, mostly from advertising revenue.
- The average cost-per-click (CPC) in the US in Q1 of 2018 was $0.12 (or £0.09).
- 330 million monthly active users are favouriting, commenting on and retweeting accounts they love or hate (or love to hate).
- 80% of Twitter users access the app from their mobile phones.
- 42% of Twitter users are daily active users.
- 86% of Twitter’s ad revenue comes from ads seen on mobile devices.
- Twitter earned $287 million (or £212 million) from video ads in Q1 of 2018.
- 21% of American men use Twitter. Interestingly 21% of American women use Twitter, too.
- 800 million monthly active users scroll through the ‘gram around the world.
- 300 million IGers use Instagram Stories every day.
- 80% of IGers follow a business or brand on the platform.
- The Instagram account with the most followers is the official Instagram account with 231 million fans. Selena Gomez has 133 million Instagram fans and is the account with the second highest follower count.
- Instagram’s revenue estimate for 2018 is $6.84 billion (or £5.05 billion) - up from $3.64 billion (or £2.69 billion) in 2017.
- An Instagram engagement rate of 1.64 - 3.48% is considered to be good.
- 250 million monthly active users connect with other professionals and business content on LinkedIn.
- 39% of LinkedIn accounts pay to use the premium service.
- LinkedIn generated $975 million (or £720 million) in revenue for parent company Microsoft in Q1 of 2017.
- 40% of LinkedIn users are on the platform each day.